Monday, September 6, 2010

Fresh pesto sauce AND peach shortbread

Yes, it's been months since I last blogged, but I just hadn't felt inspired.  Now that we've moved to an apartment with a REAL kitchen, I might have more inspiration (then again grad school might take away any free time I once had).  Since we had fresh produce from the Prospect Park farmer's market and a nice long weekend, I wanted to do some cooking.  I used an Ina Garten recipe to create fresh pesto which is so simple and delicious.  Now I have pesto to last us for months and months...just store it in the freezer.

 I also wanted to make something yummy with the peaches we bought and found a great recipe from the blog Smitten Kitchen that Lydia had directed me to.  Yum and yum!  I even served the food to a friend and she deemed it a success.  Let's see how long it takes me to cook again...

One response to “Fresh pesto sauce AND peach shortbread”

Lydia said...

Now my stomach's all growly!

Post a Comment