Friday, June 26, 2009

Vegetable Spring Rolls


One of my favorite things that Luke makes is spring rolls, so tonight he instructed me while I made them.  We've made them together before, but tonight it was all me!
You can really put anything inside these spring rolls, but tonight we had napa cabbage, bok choy, onion, and carrots.  I have learned with my cooking ventures that sometimes the chopping of the ingredients take longer than the actual cooking.
After I had chopped all the veggies, I got some oil heated up on the fry pan and cooked the veggies.  I then added soy, rice wine vinegar, garlic, rice cooking wine, ginger, and sesame oil to season the veggies.  Once these were all cooked we took them off the heat to cool.
Rolling the springs rolls is pretty fun, there's many different ways you can roll them and make them look very pretty.  Now the classic way to cook spring rolls is to fry them, but seeing as to how I'm watching my figure, we baked these in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.  We even had two dipping sauces, one sweet/spicy and one salty!  YUM!


One response to “Vegetable Spring Rolls”

Adam said...

What are you going to cook for us when you come visit?

Post a Comment