Thursday, August 27, 2009

Weekend in DC

I went to DC this weekend for a family get together with my bro and his lovely fiance Lydia, my parents and all of my grandparents.  I did not do any cooking while there (and haven't done anything too fancy lately because Luke has been in San Diego for work), but I was lucky to enjoy some awesome home-baked desserts.

The first treat are something that my family fondly calls "Stingers".  I believe they have an official German name that I'm not going to even try to spell.  So these are my Oma's (aka Grandma in German) specialty cookies that she brings any time we see her.  They are just blissful.  I don't really know how else to describe them.  Oma is the best baker!

The second treat was a peach and berry pie that Lydia baked in honor of the grandparents' bdays.  Lydia also has a blog (which she actually update frequently...ooops) and she often writes about her amazing cooking (check it out here).  This pie was amazing and the crust was perfect.  Bravo, you will make a wonderful addition to the Leff family!

No response to “Weekend in DC”

Post a Comment