Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chicken Milanese


On Sunday evening I prepared my first meal for Luke.  I was a bit nervous, but also quite excited to finally cook for the chef!  With my handy Weight Watchers cookbook in hand, I embarked on cooking Chicken Cutlet Milanese and a salad of romaine with a balsamic vinaigrette  and corn on the cob.

I have to say that this meal was quite easy to prepare and took very little time to prep and cook.  Really just a simple egg wash and cornmeal breading of the chicken followed by a pan fry and voila! 
Luke was helping as my sous chef in case anything got out of anything got out of hand, but thankfully, I did well on my own!  And let me just say that this yummy chicken tasted scrumptious....just like fried chicken and only 5 WW points!  What a way to begin my weekly cooking experiments.

Grade: A
Level of Difficulty: 1
Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients: 
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • 4 (1/4) pound chicken breast (or turkey) cutlets
  • 4 tsp olive oil
Directions
  1. Whisk together the egg white and lemon juice in a large shallow  bowl.  Mix together the cornmeal, Parmesan and the salt and pepper in another bowl.
  2. Dip each cutlet into the egg white mixture, the coat with the cornmeal mixture, pressing lightly so it adheres.
  3. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the cutlets in batches if necessary, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side
  4. ENJOY!

No response to “Chicken Milanese”

Post a Comment