Sunday, May 17, 2009

Filet of Beef with Tomato-Bean Salsa


Tonight was my second attempt at cooking dinner for Luke. I decided this time I would try something completely new to me, cooking beef! The recipe was simple...beef tenderloin and a salsa on the side. Unfortunately, beef tenderloin is the most expensive cut of meat, so I made a recession friendly decision to cook with beef sirloin that we had in the freezer.

I started by preparing the salsa. This salsa consists of pinto beans, tomato, cucumber, avocado, red onion, basil, and red wine vinegar. We added a few extra spices to flavor it up a little. Easy and tasty.

Next, I got the pan nice and hot with oil for the steak. I added some lime juice to the steak and then put it in the hot pan to cook. About 7 minutes later the steak was medium rare and ready to serve. As you can see the meal was very quick and easy and very tasty.

I can't believe I had never cooked steak before, it is so simple! It's even easier than chicken because you don't have to worry about not cooking it enough and getting sick.

I was very happy with this meal. The hearty steak paired with a fresh bean salsa was a nice contract.

Difficulty: easy
Time: 20 minutes
Rating: A

3 Responses to “Filet of Beef with Tomato-Bean Salsa”

Adam said...

So you're gonna cook for us when you and Luke come and visit this summer?

Unknown said...

youre my inspiration! i need to learn how to cook....

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you!!! I had no idea that you were trying things out. So how is Luke taking this whole second chef thing? Haha

Post a Comment